Console text file viewer

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed May 23 04:33:05 UTC 2007

Yes, and that's exactly what I don't want.  I don't want it to edit
or write to the file.  I want a read-only program.  I'm aware that
vi(1) has a read-only mode but I really don't want to learn the
command set just to view a file.  All I need is an advanced pager
with bookmarks and auto-scrolling and of course a decent
search.  Something like less(1) would be fine if it had those features.