Braille displays

Tom Masterson kd7cyu at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 21:10:02 UTC 2008

I currently am using ancient braille displays.  I have an Alva 34D (the
80 cell with half the cells not put in) and a 320.  I think if I could
afford t I would replace at least the 320 with a 40 cell braille star as
it is used for my laptop.  I got to use a braille star many years ago
for a week and really liked it and it incorporated som nice things like
	notetaking etc.  I do have an Elba but don't use it as a computer
	display because it can't go under the computer or keyboard.  I won't
	but from Freedom Scientific but that is a personal thing.  If I ever
	find the money to replace my display(s) or convince a company to do it
	I will need to do some serious shopping around to see what I would
	want since I haven't looked in five years or so.

	As has been said it is mostly personal preference.

	Tom