mixed questions. Debian, suse, speakup

mattias mj at mjw.se
Fri Jan 28 12:51:10 UTC 2011

i can only talk for gnome-orca in suse
verry unstable

  _____

From: blinux-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:blinux-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Kristoffer Gustafsson
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 9:03 AM
To: Linux for blind general discussion
Subject: mixed questions. Debian, suse, speakup

Hi.
Well, I've got some questions.
Let's start with debian.
I'm planning to connect a serial braille display to my computer.
But it was so long I installed debian using a serial display, so I've
forgotten how to do.
Can you tell me how it shall be done?
Then the suse questions.
How is it to install suse now when the new release 11.3 has came out?
I've not installed suse in many years, and at that time it wasn't accessible
to install it.
Is it accessible now with  suse blinux?

Then I want to install speakup into it. Is it included in the kernel as in
debian, or do I need to make a new kernèl?
And the last question. How is it with orca? Do I install it manually ir is
it included in gnome?
/Kristoffer