Spam filter that works with fetchmail and mutt

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jul 12 03:06:56 UTC 2013

For simple deletions where you have a definite pattern to search for I
think there's nothing better than procmail. I keep my deletions recipies
in a separate file called rc.kills that I source as follows in my
$HOME/.procmailrc :

INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.kills

Then, in rc.kills I have recipies such as the following:

:0
* ^From.*scooter store
/dev/null

:0
* ^Subject.*power scooter
/dev/null

 You can put almost anything into your search criteria. Consult man
  for procmail, but also for procmailex to see examples of how to use
  procmail. It's really a wonderful tool.

  Janina