just how much can you do with?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sun Mar 3 14:25:10 UTC 2013

On 3/3/2013 6:13 AM, Tim Chase wrote:
>> There are also many beginner Linux podcasts.  I assembled
>> several of them for someone else.
>
> There's a good starter list of podcasts at
>
> http://maketecheasier.com/10-great-podcasts-for-linux-open-source-geeks/2012/12/24
>
> though it doesn't contain my go-to recommendation of "Linux
> for the rest of us" which is available at
>
> http://www.podnutz.com/linuxfortherestofus

Yes, that was one of the podcasts I included.  What I meant by "assembled"
is that I actually downloaded and copied them onto a flash drive.  For a
small cost to cover my time and shipping, I'll do that for anyone else.
Just send me a flash drive and I'll include as much audio and textual
material as I can fit on there.  I have probably close to 32 GB, but I
haven't looked exactly.  Going Linux and some of the other podcasts still
produce new episodes, so some additional space is probably necessary for
those.  I compiled what I think is a pretty comprehensive amount of text
material as well, including docs and magazines.  I did include a couple of
guides from TLDP, but as I said previously, most of them are too ancient to
be of use.

Also, look for an announcement here about the new audio archive I'm working
on which should have lots of material not easily accessible otherwise.