Hpodder-and-Torsox

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 12:19:22 UTC 2014

I don't see the message thread you're referring to, but I thought I
remembered Tim talking about wild cards as well as maybe two different
options when it came to renaming groups of files.

I guess mv may not be simple when it comes to wild cards, but didn't you
mention the ren command in DOS? Doesn't this also involve wild cards to
do what you want? I know you were looking for something that didn't
require programming, but I don't recall you mentioning that you were
looking for something simple, and I guess simple is relative.

On 10/22/2014 09:42 PM, Hart Larry wrote:
> OK, first for Christofer, as far as I can see, Tim didn't comment on my
> renaming concern-and-to your comment, yes mv is certainly powerful, but
> it is not simple when wild-cards are involved.
> Now on to Tim, yes, thanks, your tcsh solution for consecutive fetches
> in Hpodder is working. However, this script which I mentioned last
> evening, for some reason I must run from the directory where it is
> located, but beyond that, while it does work, I get the following errors.
> thpodder: line 137: ((: 135      24007  0.2  0.6  23116 20608 ?        S
> Oct21   4:04 /usr/bin/tor --defaults-torrc
> /usr/share/tor/tor-service-defaults-torrc --hush: syntax error in
> expression (error token is "24007  0.2  0.6  23116 20608 ?        S
> Oct21   4:04 /usr/bin/tor --defaults-torrc
> /usr/share/tor/tor-service-defaults-torrc --hush")
> If you can please visit-and-examine the following:
> http://www.hubert-humphrey.com/thpodder
> Thanks so much in advance
> Hart

Christopher (CJ)