vinux4 on sourceforge.net is corrupted

Christopher J Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 00:25:18 UTC 2015

I'm saying that Vinux 4 should come up talking. If it doesn't use the
Ubuntu 12.04 hot key to try to start Orca. The hot key to start Orca in
Ubuntu 12.04 is control+s. Vinux 4 does not have a different key to
start Orca on the Live CD. I'm just pointing out that you should try
Ubuntu 12.04's hot key if it doesn't come up talking for some reason.

I've seen people in this thread saying control+alt+s is the hot key to
start Orca, and I'm not sure this key combination was ever used to start
Orca in Ubuntu. Others have said to use the hot key control+super+s, but
this was not the hot key used in Ubuntu 12.04. Ubuntu switched to this
hot key in a later version of Ubuntu.

On 4/25/2015 7:15 PM, John G. Heim wrote:
> Well, vinux is supposed to come up talking on the login screen. I
> suggested the OP try the ubuntu hotkey for starting speech since vinux
> did not come up talking for him.  I suppose vinux might also have a
> hotkey for starting speech on the login screen but I'm not sure what
> it would do since it's supposed to start automatically. Anyway, are
> you saying vinux has a hotkey to start speech on the login screen but
> it's not the same as the one for ubuntu? Anything is possible, I guess.
>

> On 04/25/2015 07:06 PM, Christopher J Chaltain wrote:
>> I assumed we were talking about Vinux 4, which is running Ubuntu
>> 12.04, where the hot key to start Orca on the Live CD was control+s.
>> The link you refer to is a wiki page that was most recently updated
>> in 2014. I assume it's talking about a later version of Ubuntu where
>> the hot key is control+super+s, but I couldn't find the Ubuntu
>> version number on that wiki page.
>>
>> On 4/25/2015 6:41 PM, John G. Heim wrote:
>>> On a ubuntu live cd, it is alt+super+s.
>>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Accessibility#Screen_Reader

Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail