linux music tools It is quite possible and was done all the time in the bad

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Jul 29 10:25:56 UTC 2015

If you have to use dos, screen readers exist all be it with discontinued
support.  Jaws for dos can be downloaded from the freedomsdcientific ftp
site when you find it.  Since support got discontinued you don't get
charged for the download.  Another one is provox 7.5 written by Chuck
Hallenbeck.  Provox needs a supported hardware speech synthesizer to
work and I've read jaws for dos can do hardware of sound card but I have
never tested the sound card part of that claim.  It's hard to find
tinytalk in a whole package any longer but that had hardware screen
reader support and limited sound card support but could only use com1
and com2 at last version.