More on Adding speakup to wheezy, Conditionally good news

Jeffery Mewtamer mewtamer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 22:19:05 UTC 2016

You're quite welcome.

And while I'm not quite as old as you, I'm still amazed by how far
computing technology has come in my life time, though it seems one
still pays a premium if they don't know how to set things up
themselves. Still, the Pi does everything my laptop can do except run
firefox with Orca(and if I ever find a text-mode web browser I can
learn in a reasonable amount of time, that would become a non-issue),
while being far more portable, being a fraction of the weight, and
costing about a fourth what the laptop cost even including all the
accessories, and if anything fails, I only have to replace the failed
component instead of the whole thing.

And I genuinely enjoy walking barefoot in the rain. Provided it isn't
too cold and I'm not carrying anything that can't get wet. Don't like
the way shoes cut off so much sensory data, especially since touch is
one of my dominant senses, and rain usually means the sun isn't
shining, which is nice since the sun hurts my mostly useless eyes.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.
Former Secretary, Student Government Association, College of the Albemarle.