chromium accessibility status?

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 21:29:37 UTC 2016

Chromium works with speech-dispatcher on all my machines here. First I
installed Chromium and added the ChromeVox extension. Then I copied
/usr/share/applications/chromium.desktop into
~/.local/share/applications and edited the Exec= line as follows:
Exec=chromium --enable-speech-dispatcher %U
Upon saving the file, Chromium when run from the menu or with a URL from
MATE's run window will start with ChromeVox and speech-dispatcher
enabled. Keep in mind that GNOME's run window doesn't allow typing a URL
directly as in
https://google.com/
so in GNOME, you will need to run Chromium from the overview or
explicitly add the --enable-speech-dispatcher line as in
chromium --enable-speech-dispatcher https://google.com/
Hope this helps.
Sent from my computer