Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at icloud.com
Tue Apr 18 15:23:34 UTC 2017

here is one thing that might be distro independent: create an accessibility package set. This would include the required libs, scripts, binaries and config files needed to make any distro accessible. It would include emacspeak, BrlTTY, ORCA, the appropriate audio drivers and libraries and even access to the kernel modules required to make it all work.

Now, since some of the packages needed will be dependencies for other things (like sound and scripting like python), it shouldn't be all that difficult to gather everything else.

Having this setup so that any distro can be made accessible would definitely be a plus. Honestly, making this a standard package set will go a long way toward allowing us access to any distro, regardless of package management system, layout or Desktop environment.

-eric