Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Apr 19 10:48:31 UTC 2017

Why are you so opposed to Ubuntu as a base? I found it easier to build my
talking rescue CD than Debian. In fact, it runs on 15.10 core if memory
serves. I've had very good luck with Ubuntu MATE, again far better than with
MATE installed in Debian stable due to the faster release cycle. Yes, there
have been serious accessibility issues with Ubuntu in the past and the
server install is not going to be accessible any time soon, but for a fast,
reliable, talking graphical desktop with Orca, I think Ubuntu MATE is the
best out there. Unlike with Vinux and Sonar, the Ubuntu MATE live DVD didn't
crash my system and sound actually worked.