OT: ACB & NFB

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 13:48:28 UTC 2017

I've also turned that bridge line on my dad when he complains about me
going barefoot in public and mentions that no one else is barefoot.

But yeah, polarization is everywhere these days, too many people take
even minor disagreements as blasphemy, and moderates and voice of
reason types more often than not get drown out by the masses who are
too busy bickering over things they disagree on to even notice their
points of agreement, and disagreement for it's own sake is
disturbingly common.

Still, I try to act the voice of reason as much as possible and try to
maintain a Socratic humility of acknowledging that my ignorance
outweighs my knowledge. If I can make even one person, be they blind
or not, calm down and consider the opposition might have a point, I'll
take it as a small, but meaningful victory.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.
Former Secretary, Student Government Association, College of the Albemarle.