Re: Re : Re: Blind vs. mainstream distros

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 23:51:42 UTC 2017

Le 28/04/2017 à 01:20, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
> The computers I use are ARM-based. One is based around an ARMv7 8-core
> 32-bit processor, and the other is based around an aarch64, (ARMv8)
> 64-bit quad-core processor. Both run from removable eMMC flash storage
> has a capacity of 64GB on the 32-bit machine and 128GB on the 64-bit
> machine. Either is capable of running a full MATE desktop with Firefox,
> Thunderbird, Firefox, Pidgin and LibreOffice all running at the same
> time. In fact, I'm using the 64-bit machine to write this message, and
> it's my primary computer for now, although I tend to alternate between
> this one and the 32-bit 8-core machine. Both are very small; you can
> hold them in one hand. I can give exact specs if you wish for both of

ok. Very interesting. But it means you need to connect an external
keyboard, headphones, etc? What about if you need a monitor? And does it
includes a Wifi chipset?

Is there an official provider of such hardware and doesn't it change so
frequently?

> these. That said, there is a machine coming that may be even better in
> the future, as there is talk of RISC-V, which is a fully free and open
> processor architecture that has the potential to be more powerful than
> anything we've seen up to now. I'm watching this very closely.
> ~Kyle

Logo Hypra
Photo Jean-Philippe MENGUAL *JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL**
DIRECTEUR TECHNIQUE ET QUALITÉ*
adresse84, quai de Jemappes, 75010, Paris
téléphone+331 84 71 06 61 <tel:+33%201%2000%2000%2000%2000>
courieljpmengual at hypra.fr
site webwww.hypra.fr
Facebook Hypra <https://www.facebook.com/hyprasoftware/>Twitter Hypra
<https://twitter.com/Hypra_>Linkedin