Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 06:33:45 UTC 2017

Yes, Unicode would allow access to math content, I think, not sure
	exactly what MathML renders as, but still, I want Linux to at
	least look good when I start advertising it. I /know/ we can do
	what Apple has done with the Mac, and better. On the surface,
	the Mac looks cool and collected, but underneath, it’s just a
	cobbled together bunch of "hope this works" kind of things for
	Voiceover at least. We, however, with freedom, can not only hope
	it works, but know it works. We have the ability to create a
	strong foundation, something Apple, Google, and Microsoft have
	not done. Or, we can go the Jaws rout, and script for every
	eventuality. Whichever way we choose, if I am to bring success
	for the young who choose Linux, I need to be able to give them
	reasons why they should choose Linux, besides the fact that
	they’ll be out of Microsoft’s reach, which has already brought
	some to Linux, on [[http://www.forum.audiogames.net][Audio games
	forum]] but Facebook is booming, and, besides the ability to
	access Emoji and such, if the blind youth can access math
	symbols and all, we could even see blind people bringing their
	laptops running Linux to school, showing it off, impressing
	people with, if not high quality speech, then high quality
	accessibility and such. It’ll just take people who are willing
	to work on this, program this, make it look good and be good at
	the same time!
--
Sent from Discordia using Gnus for Emacs.
Email: r.d.t.prater at gmail.com
Long days and pleasant nights!