Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 11:44:16 UTC 2017

Tony Baechler here.

No, I'm talking about attracting as many new users as possible, blind or
sighted with a focus on teens and young adults. I'm being very generalized
here, but if a blind teen gets really interested in what Linux can do but
sees the glaring limitations, they might be willing to develop better
solutions, or at least file bugs and work with upstream developers. In the
sighted world, if a teen who is interested in coding sees that their blind
friend has a lot of limitations because the desktop doesn't talk, they might
be willing to help and go into accessibility development. I know of people
who got involved in accessibility because they knew a blind person and saw
that there was a desperate need.