Are their other Working Weather Scripts?

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Fri Feb 3 19:21:43 UTC 2017

On February  3, 2017, Janina Sajka wrote:
> Fortunately, braille.wunderground.com is still up. It's not command
> line, though I imagine one could write a script quite readily.

Didn't know about this one.  A quick "lynx -dump" alias seems to do
the trick:

  alias weather='lynx -dump "https://braille.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?brand=braille&query=90210"'

seems to do the trick as long as you update the query to your
preferred zip-code or other acceptable query.

If you don't care about the details like phase of moon, and links at
the bottom, you can pipe it to sed or head:

  alias weather='lynx -dump "https://braille.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?brand=braille&query=90210" | sed /Updated/q'

or

  alias weather='lynx -dump "https://braille.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?brand=braille&query=90210" | head'

One could wrap it in a function to take the search parameters on the
command-line, but I'm usually only interested in the weather fairly
locally most of the time.

-tim