Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon May 1 17:19:13 UTC 2017

Hello, this is Samuel,

Eric Oyen, on mar. 18 avril 2017 08:23:34 -0700, wrote:
> here is one thing that might be distro independent: create an
> accessibility package set.

As mentioned by others in the thread, doing it as a distribution of
binaries will lead to a lot of problems.  Having it as a documentation,
however, makes a lot of sense to me.  It was a bit the idea of

http://brl.thefreecat.org/wiki/Installer

but also of http://blends.alioth.debian.org/accessibility/tasks/ , which
gathers the lists of packages available in Debian.  The meta-data behind
that webpage can make the distinction between hard requirements (e.g.
brltty for braille support) and soft requirements (e.g. bmc for braille
music conversion), so we could work out from it a list of packages that
distributions out to have to be at least minimally accessible.

Samuel