problem with port forwarding

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Nov 9 05:24:36 UTC 2017

Willem here.
Once you know what your outside ip address is, do a portscan (using nmap)
from the outside to see if the relevant port 80 or whatever you used, is
open..  All home type adsl routers I have worked with, by default has all
incoming connections from the outside blocked as that is what most people
require.
I would think you would need to specifically open port 80 on your router,
and then add a nat entry as Tim described below.
HTH, Willem