Possibly Off-Topic: Elia, a tactile alphabet proclaiming to be an intuitive alternative to Braille.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Apr 22 18:35:57 UTC 2018

It did look a little interesting, but I share much of the same
skepticism. I have no problem at all with Kickstarter, and I don't even
have a problem with the method of getting the letters to raise up on the
sheet of paper. However, I do have a bit of a problem with some company
saying they found something that works better than braille, when what
they really have done is try to change the English alphabet. I mean
really, if you're gonna modify an inkjet printer to print raised
letters, then you don't have to modify the alphabet in any way except to
make the letters larger so they are easy to feel. If the target truly is
those people who have become blind or visually impaired later in life,
then what is the point of making them learn new letters, when using the
same technique, they could simply read the letters they have used all
their lives? Just my thoughts.

Imetumwa kutoka sakafu