FreeBSD accessibility?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 14:37:03 UTC 2018

Tim here.  The RPi has built-in serial pins, but they only output
3.3V, not the 12V required for RS232.  There's a good summary here:

https://elinux.org/RPi_Serial_Connection

but the short summary is that, if the other end (the PC) can handle
the 3.3V communications, then it's easy with a couple parts.  But if
the other end requires RS232, you also need a level-converter circuit
to do the signal-boosting.

-tim