F123-visual iso location

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jan 7 13:14:17 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I am responsible for the F123 Visual distro and I want to apologize for
the recent difficulties people have had with its installation. We have
started moving towards a text-only script-based installation process, so
as to no longer depend on graphical installers.

The text-based installation process will be as automatic as possible,
and the first version of the script can be obtained here:
https://github.com/f123/f123e-iso-script

Once this process includes Mate, we will create an ISO and make it
available. For now, it does not yet include Mate, so it is best used
only by more experienced users.

Our thanks goes to Mike Ray, for his work on this installation script.
We also thank Kyle Brouhard and all contributors to Talking Arch for the
inspiration and code. Having said that, this remains merely the first
version (and strictly alpha), so contributions are welcome and beginners
should avoid this route for now.

Until recently, our old ISO could be installed with a simple and lengthy
update process, as Arch is a rolling distro, but given recent crypto key
difficulties, we will take the ISO down until an updated version is
available.

Thank you for your patience with this matter and apologies for any
inconvenience,

Fernando