Switching console in guest operating system.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Sep 9 17:46:17 UTC 2018

Hi!
I use a macbook air with Vmware fusion.

I have got ubuntu  18.04 up and running but i want to go into console mode.
THe problem is how i can switch between consoles in the guest system.
You can not press alt ctrl Fx so that’s not worth trying again.
I  did a search on google and found that if i  use vmware workstation i should use ctrl alt space and then i have to release space and press any f key.
This does’nt work either.
Does anyone here use a mac and vmware with a linux guest?
Thanks.
/A