Arch linux applications and learning

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Jan 13 12:27:46 UTC 2019

If you want to learn use of the command line, you want to learn how to
use what's called a shell. bash is a good choice these days. There are
others.

Google for "bash linux" and you'll get results like the following:

http://www.tldp.org/LDP/Bash-Beginners-Guide/html/Bash-Beginners-Guide.html

If there's a particular task you want to perform from the console
environment, also known as the cli, the options depend on what task
you're interested in learning. For example, if you want to use mail on
the cli, you might want to learn about mutt:

http://www.mutt.org/

There are tweaks you need to make to mutt's configuration file, .muttrc
in order to use it effectively with console speech like speakup.

If you want to play audio, try mplayer.

Etc., etc.

Janina