new technology for me

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 14:55:28 UTC 2019

Regarding card readers, I own several copies of one that can be found
on Amazon at:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BXSKPES/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 7USD price tag might be a bit pricy for some, but these readers
are really nice, having both full-sized and microSD slots, both USB-A
and USB microB connectors, and probably as compact a form factor as
possible without sacrificing at least one of those features, and even
with a full-sized SD card inserted, it blocks adjacent ports on only
the side the SD card sticks out. I mostly use it for plugging SD cards
into my main desktop since it lacks an SD slot and typically keep
microSD cards in an adaptor for a full-sized slot, but I like knowing
I can still use it if I ever find myself short a microSD to full SD
adaptor and the flexibility of being able to use it with both
desktop/laptop computers with regular USB host and mobile devices with
GTO support.