Formatting - was Would you be interested in having natural sounding TTS voices by Readspeaker on Linux? demo link included

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Apr 18 00:42:25 UTC 2021

Don't get me wrong, more natural sounding TTS with proper inflection
would be great, and for me, the holy grail would be TTS capable of
reading a digitized novel in real-time or reading subtitles on foreign
media in real-time and be indistinguishable from a human cast
recording a audio dramatization or dubbed vocal track... but unless
there's been massive improvements in recent years I'm unaware of, the
natural voices are at that point where they almost sound human but
fail in a subtle but unsettling way that's hard to qualify, and until
we get over that hurdle, I'll take the obviously robotic monotone over
the almost, but not quite, passes for a human reader voices for daily
work.