Update on speech/media sounds

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Aug 27 16:48:55 UTC 2021

I wrote an email here earlier asking about setting a USB card for speech and having my media playback come through the onboard sound card. There does not really seem to be a reliable way of doing this without pulse.

So I installed pulse and ran Crhys's configure-pulse.sh script. I then edited /etc/pulse/default.pa with:

set-default-sink alsa_output.usb-C-Media_Electronics_Inc._USB_Audio_Device-00.analog-stereo

This did not work; speakup still came through the speakers connected to my onboard card.
What else do I need to do?