Interrupting Speech in New Embedded Voices?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Dec 8 17:46:53 UTC 2021

Well, I asked this in the Speakup list with no responses. Essentially, now in
either Slint with Samantha, or Debian with Allison, voices sound great,
however, I cannot interrupt speech. In looking on my desktop machine, there is
a file in /etc/speakup/i18n called "no_interrupt" which is set to 0. But not
only are no such files on my Debian laptop, but not even a speakup directory in
/etc. I've done lots of locates for specific named files with speakup settings,
but they all have slint related refferences, meanwhile I am booted in Debian
kernel 5.15 in SID. When running the regular Voxin IBM voice, I had no
interrupt issues, but would really like to enjoy an experience of Allison much
better with a responsive keyboard. Thanks so much in advance for any
suggestions.
Chime