audio cutting and exporting

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Jul 16 20:25:12 UTC 2021

Hi Pavel,

Nama is another audio editor you might try.  It was written
for music production and like DAE, uses Ecasound to peform
the audio processing. You can issue commands in a terminal,
and also search for commands, plugins, etc.

Nama works with WAV files. You define a region by a pair of
marks. For editing down a lecture, there is a compose
command that joins several regions together.

The mixdown command exports to multiple formats.

A fairly recent version is available as a debian package.

Nama tries to make everything as easy as possible.
There is a mailing list for questions.

I'm the author, and happy to help :-)

Joel

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 04:27:51PM +0200, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for accessible and easy to use audio application, which allows
> me to:
>
> - select sound from point a to point b
>
> - delete, move or export selected section
>
> - export the result in multiple formats.
>
> I know about Audacity, but maybe you know some more accessible and more easy
> to use editor.
>
> My environment is Fedora 34 with Mate desktop and with all a11y variables
> enabled.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pavel

Joel Roth