Converting epubs to Plain-Text?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Nov 25 15:15:19 UTC 2021

We interrupt these Fedora discussions to bring you a separate subject.
I have several, maybe 18 ebooks in an epub format, from BookShare-and-Usenet.
In looking around, an only tool I can find is "ebook-convert" part of a Calibre
package to convert these. However, following cryptic instructions in its
man-page, as well as what I see in duckduckgo, I am getting no where. Are their
other better tools I need to grab in a Debian SID console? In addition, I
really would like to convert all of these at once, in a batch. Thanks so much
in advance for any-and-all guidance. We now resume our regularly scheduled
programming
Chime