Mutt or Alpine

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Feb 18 19:19:41 UTC 2022

Belatedly, Mutt (I don't have Neomutt on this machine, because...thanks
Solus?) works really, really well in a terminal oddly enough as well as
a pure console. Alpine sadly doesn't so at least for my use case, Mutt
wins out

Now to figure out if Mutt or Neomutt is a better fit? I'd say you can
probably ransition from Alpine to Mutt with a bit of a learning curve,
for me Alpine took more getting used to in my brief tests. I like the
layout o Alpine. But Mutt, at least on my machine, works better with
Orca in  a terminal, I don't run into horizontally laid out things, Mutt
has it listed alphabetically so I know or example my Blinux folder is
always at the top of the heap, Inbox is option #5 and so forth. To me
that makes more sense than having Inbox/Drafts/etc all on one line, but
YMMV on that of course, Alpine isn't available in the default Arch repos
but a quick git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/yay-bin, installing that
and then yay -S alpine sorts that out however