MPV problem

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jan 12 19:05:50 UTC 2022

My guess is mpv saves your bookmark in a file and another guess is mpv
allows only one bookmark to be useable at any time.  In order to handle
multiple bookmarks, the file name of the original bookmark will need
editing.  For the original I''d copy it to its name with a .0 suffix at
its end.  Then play the file again and move to your original bookmark
again.  Then play the file to a little before where you want the next
bookmark and background mpv see if control-z works.  Once backgrounded
remove the original bookmark file then foreground mpv and listen until you
get to where you want your bookmark and make the bookmark.  To make
another bookmark repeat the process described above with the difference
you add a .1 to the bookmark filename when you copy it.  That way you can
create multiple bookmarks.  To get to any of them, copy the file to the
current bookmark name then play the mp3.  It's an involved process and
maybe a script to manage multiple bookmarks could be written  but I don't
know that since I've not tried it yet.