I'm in crisis, help!!!

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Mon May 23 09:57:31 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I am currently running vanilla Ubuntu 22.04, but every time the laptop
reboots, which I will admit is not often, I spend more time on fixing my
sound devices than I feel should be needed. This is driving me nuts!

What would you suggest I do?

Fedora doesn't want to talk in the installer, why I have no idea. I
tried upgrading from a Fedora 35 install, but it stopped talking as well.

I've tried installing Arch, but for some reason the Arch installer also
doesn't want to talk, and, yes, I know how it's suppose to be done. It
use to talk just fine on my system, but now?

OpenSUSE's installer is inaccessible, and being married to a blind lady,
I don't have eyeballs to assist.

After re-installing Slint a few days ago, something broke when I updated
the system to the point that I couldn't boot it at all.

Now you understand why I feel like I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I
refuse to re-install Windows on this machine, I really don't want to
take a dive out the nearest window, which would be the result of me
doing that.

Have mercy on this dumb South African and help me out of my misery!

--
Warm regards,

Brandt Steenkamp

Sent using Thunderbird on the Linux box.