Two Arch beginner questions

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 12:52:27 UTC 2023

Personally, I use startx for starting things and have it set up to auto
launch the graphical session (which you can find how to do on the Arch
wiki and is harmless)

Secondly, no, espeakup and Fennrir work on the TTY mostly. You /can/
have Fenrir work on a terminal but I have little experience with this.

There's two sorts of console in Linux

One, you have your TTY, or actual console

2. You have a terminal which is a mini console in the graphical
interface, such as Mate-terminal

On a graphical interface like Mate, you use Orca for a screenreader, it
covers using a terminal out of the box so you are sorted there