[Container-tools] CentOS pipeline index

Karanbir Singh kbsingh at redhat.com
Sat May 16 16:13:14 UTC 2015

On 05/16/2015 04:13 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> On 16 May 2015 at 08:35, Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> https://github.com/kbsingh/cccp-index is now online,
>
> That particular choice of acronym isn't going to have good
> associations for a lot of people that were directly affected by
> the Soviet regime (plenty of whom are still alive today). Perhaps
> we could tweak the name to produce an acronym without quite so much
> history to it, such as the CentOS Community Pipeline for
> Containers? (aka the CentOS CPC)

I did actually engage with a certain number of pople who might have
had this mindset, and none did. But its certainly something to think
about.

> (That also leaves the door open to the possible introduction of
> other community pipelines producing other artifacts in the future)
>
>> and I am looking for feedback before we start finalising things.
>
> Aside from the acronym, the main thing that stuck out at me is the
> use of polling to pick up changes: it would be a lot nicer if there
> was a web hook that could be POST'ed to indicate that a build was
> ready. If that's a "later" thing, it would be good to state that
> explicitly in the README.

Being able to do on-demand builds is something in the future plans.
I'll add that to the README

> It also occurs to me that from a *project management* perspective,
> I wonder if it's worth taking a look at an open source service
> like ReadTheDocs and seeing if there's an opportunity to
> collaborate with them on factoring out the "configure a developer
> tooling web service to integrate with a version control hosting
> service" parts into a common framework that projects like RTFD and
> CCPC could use as a basis, rather than every developer tooling
> service having to come up with its own preoject definition and
> version control hosting integration code.

Sure, happy to share tooling with other people. What sort of work have
those other projects been doing in that regard ?

--
Karanbir Singh, The CentOS Project, London, UK
RH Ext. 8274455 | DID: 0044 207 009 4455