[Container-tools] Including docker images in ADB Vagrant box

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 13:04:50 UTC 2015

Hi,

One of the thing we want to do with ADB (Atomic Developer Bundle) is to
pre-load the vagrant box with some docker images (e.g. OpenShift docker
image).

I have spent some time on this and I found this to be more tricky then I
thought. Here are the details.

* We use koji to build the Vagrant box from a kickstart file and koji
does not have access to internet for some valid reasons. Hence we cant
do "docker pull" during the build process as it does not have access to
internet.

* So as a workaround we thought of packaging the docker images in a RPM
and use the RPM in the kickstart file to bake it in to the Vagrant box.

Here is the poc git repo for that :
https://github.com/LalatenduMohanty/rpmspec-for-docker-images

Comments/suggestion are welcome.

Let me know if you have a better idea to build Vagrant boxes with docker
images pre-loaded in koji.

Thanks,
Lala