[Container-tools] [Devtools] Future Nulecule spec! Need collaborators / spec writers to help on this :)

Charlie Drage cdrage at redhat.com
Thu Apr 14 18:10:52 UTC 2016

Hi all!

I've updated the PR to include a *revision two* from all the comments
I've gotten already. Thank you for voicing your opinion on it!

This includes a significant change of removing the `/artifacts` folder
in favour of having a single Nulecule file for all our provisioning
needs.

This would make Nulecule *very* portable in the sense that if
provider information as well as the artifacts are embedded in a
singular Nulecule file, then the developer / user would only need to
transfer that file rather than a folder or tarball of a multitude of
information (usually very very small yaml/json files).

https://github.com/projectatomic/nulecule/pull/205

If you check our the PR you'll see what I mean! A complicated example
such as Etherpad pad is not only simpler to understand with the
artifacts in the Nulecule file, but also allows you to setup and use
global and variable params without the need of bouncing back-and-forth
between two files to understand what it does.

This means that a developer/user would only need to use the Nulecule
file for deployment, pop that in your favourite implementation
(atomicapp at github.com/projectatomic/atomicapp, atomicapp-go at
github.com/cdrage/atomicapp-go) and away you go.

Many thanks,