[Container-tools] Ansible playbooks for ADB.

Gowrishankar Rajaiyan gsr at redhat.com
Mon Feb 22 09:02:37 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Lalatendu Mohanty <lmohanty at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On 02/22/2016 01:57 PM, Gowrishankar Rajaiyan wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I was looking for ansible playbooks to deploy ADB. I couldn't find any.
> However, I did find some discussions about it here[1] but nothing
> substantial.
>
> Could someone please point me to any ansible playbooks around for this.
> If there is none, then I would like to write one by proposing a design doc
> for community review.
>
> Let me know your thoughts,
> - shanks
>

> [1]
> <https://www.redhat.com/archives/container-tools/2015-August/msg00074.html>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/container-tools/2015-August/msg00074.html

> Hi Shanks,
>
> The mail was about how you can can create a single node Kubernetes setup
> with the help of ansible, but without using ADB.  We never discussed or
> planned around, if we need ansible playbooks for setting up ADB as we use
> the usual Vagrant method of deploying the stuff at this moment. We need
> single click installers for it for sure , but if you think ansible is
> preferred way for you , you are welcome to contribute.
>
> Thanks,
> Lala

​Yes, I was thinking more on the lines of single command deployment. We
would need to make use of ansible tags to support different distributions,
​but it would still be a single command.
IMO, ansible is a powerful deployment and config management tool. If you
think there are other tools that can do this job better, then I am open for
discussion.

- shanks