[Container-tools] Ansible playbooks for ADB.

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Mon Feb 22 19:39:49 UTC 2016

On 02/22/2016 02:32 PM, Gowrishankar Rajaiyan wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Lalatendu Mohanty
> <lmohanty at redhat.com <mailto:lmohanty at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 02/22/2016 01:57 PM, Gowrishankar Rajaiyan wrote:
>>     Hi All,
>>
>>     I was looking for ansible playbooks to deploy ADB. I couldn't
>>     find any.
>>     However, I did find some discussions about it here[1] but nothing
>>     substantial.
>>
>>     Could someone please point me to any ansible playbooks around for
>>     this.
>>     If there is none, then I would like to write one by proposing a
>>     design doc for community review.
>>
>>     Let me know your thoughts,
>>     - shanks
>>

>>     [1]
>>     https://www.redhat.com/archives/container-tools/2015-August/msg00074.html

>     Hi Shanks,
>
>     The mail was about how you can can create a single node Kubernetes
>     setup with the help of ansible, but without using ADB.  We never
>     discussed or planned around, if we need ansible playbooks for
>     setting up ADB as we use the usual Vagrant method of deploying the
>     stuff at this moment. We need single click installers for it for
>     sure , but if you think ansible is preferred way for you , you are
>     welcome to contribute.
>
>     Thanks,
>     Lala
>

> ​Yes, I was thinking more on the lines of single command deployment.
> We would need to make use of ansible tags to support different
> distributions, ​but it would still be a single command.
> IMO, ansible is a powerful deployment and config management tool. If
> you think there are other tools that can do this job better, then I am
> open for discussion.
>
> - shanks

For WIndows and OS X docker-toolbox gives an excellent user experience.
We should try to give similar or better experience. However I think
ansible is a great idea  and having multiple options will help the
project at this moment

Also there is an installer currently in works for Windows which installs
JBDS+JDK+CDK (with OpenShift) +Vagrant+Cygwin  together on windows
machine. Here is the recent youtube video of the demo [1]

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG4OdFs37Us

Thanks,
Lala