[Crash-utility] 'crash' compilation on Arch fails with -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 04:25:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

Arch is a Linux distributive with 2 basic principles wrt packaging:
 - use latest stable version
 - use version as close as possible to upstream

I found discussion for this bug [1] and it seems the problem is in
autoconf/gdb that does not generate correct config.h file. I tried to
compile latest gdb and it also fails to compile. An easy workaround is
to unset "-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE" flag.

Sorry for disturbing you - the problem is unrelated to "crash", it
should be solved in gdb.

[1] https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2013-April/024776.html