[dm-devel] DS4000 with multipath-tools 0.4.5

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Thu Jan 18 07:05:38 UTC 2007

TGrozev at mohegansun.com wrote:
> I compiled it, and it's working good. The only thing is, when I query the
> priority of a drive, I'm getting "Auto-volume Transfer not enabled":
>
> ---
> # ./mpath_prio_tpc /dev/sdc
> Auto-volume Transfer not enabled6
>
> # ./mpath_prio_tpc /dev/sdd
> Auto-volume Transfer not enabled1
> ---
>
> I seem to be getting 6 for my preferred path and 1 for standby, which is
> good. Is AVT required, or can I still use mpath_prio_tcp?
> I have multiple nodes of a Linux Cluster accessing the LUNs, so AVT has to
> be disabled.

Unfortunately the current multipath-tools do not handle RDAC mode.
You'll need a specific hardware handler to do this properly.
Mike Christie once did some work on it, but I'm not sure if it made it
into RHEL. We will be adding support for it for SLES10 SP1, so you might
get lucky with that.

Cheers,

Hannes
Dr. Hannes Reinecke			hare at suse.de
SuSE Linux Products GmbH		S390 & zSeries
Maxfeldstraße 5				+49 911 74053 688
90409 Nürnberg				http://www.suse.de