[edk2-devel] Adding DebugPkg to the main edk2 repo

Ryszard Knop ryszard.knop at linux.intel.com
Tue May 7 08:59:54 UTC 2019

Hi Mike,

GdbSyms can be built separately from the debugged image. It produces a
DLL file to load while starting GDB so that it properly detects the
target once connected. The associated gdb_uefi.py script loads it with
symbol-file to get some info required to find the system table, etc
(see search_est function).

I'm using this script (with QEMU only, not sure about other platforms,
but could work I guess?) and have a Python 3 port if someone needs it.

Thanks, Richard

View/Reply Online (#40096): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/40096
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io