[EnMasse] AMQP Client reconnect

Gordon Sim gsim at redhat.com
Mon Sep 25 21:19:41 UTC 2017

On 25/09/17 15:52, Klump Vico (INST/ECS4) wrote:
> For topics: What are the steps to reestablish a link for a durable subscription?

For re-establishing a link to mytopic (and I should point out for
completeness this is only strictly needed where the topic has been
scaled up to be backed by more than one broker),

(1) attach to locate/mytopic
(2) handle the detach with error condition 'amqp:link:redirect' that results
(3) reattach to the address given in the 'address' entry in the info map
of the error on detach handled in step 2

> Proton example?

See attached (create a topic, start the subscriber, pointing at that
topic, send some messages, then kill the subscriber, send more messages,
restart subscriber to make sure it gets messages sent to topic while it
was disconnected).

> If it exists, could you please point me to the GitHub ticket to automatically handle that?

I've just created one to track this:
https://github.com/EnMasseProject/enmasse/issues/249