An un-Folsom morning

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 21 19:02:53 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:18:32AM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> Hi, I would like you guys to make sure you make such announcements in
> EPEL list also. These sorts of non-destructive updates are NOT
> supposed to happen in EPEL without notice and some sort of "approval"
> because it really makes people irritated.

For reference, here's the EPEL policy:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_Updates_Policy#Stable_Releases

It's not very strongly worded, but it does imply that running the update by
the EPEL SIG would have been the right thing to do. Since I was aware of
_both_ of these things, I probably should have raised the issue a long time
ago, for which I apologize. (Sorry, Lars!)