An un-Folsom morning

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Thu Nov 22 14:44:38 UTC 2012

On 11/21/2012 04:43 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 03:59:53PM +0100, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
>  > It looks like at least the openstack-utils package is missing from
>  > http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-essex/epel-6/.
>  > I'm not sure if there's anything else.  I didn't keep close track of
>  > which packages I got from where; yesterday was a little crazy.
>
> The openstack-utils package in epel supports both essex and folsom,
> so shouldn't need to be in the repo above.
>
> I'll verify later, that the repo above is complete and falls back to
> EPEL only for missing packages using yum-priorities as described at:
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-essex/README

So we've verified (on a clean system) that all the OpenStack packages
can be installed from the Essex side repo above, and correctly falling
back to EPEL for missing packages.

There was one caveat with the openstack-demo-install script,
where it incorrectly referenced some Folsom packages.
You probably weren't using that script, which is just for demos and testing,
but in any case I've added an updated openstack-utils package
to the Essex repo above to fix that issue.

thanks,
Pádraig.