[et-mgmt-tools] Re: Cobbler import --path weirdness

Aaron Lippold lippold at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 19:56:55 UTC 2007

Will do. Thanks for the help. So not using import but distro and
profile may eliminate this issue?

Question, one of the issues when using a mass storage device, like NFS
mounted NAS, is that we usually mount these things squash_root for
security and since we run cobbler as root, it can't write to the
destination.

What are your thoughts on using a 'cobbler' user and group, setting
the correct group permissions etc.

The issues I was having when using the NAS / NSF mounts was that the
import seemed to mess up the repodata xml files and an ugly python
error ensues. ( no repos left) The issue seems to be with walking the
file set after import.

I apologise, I don't have the error output.

Has anyone else run into similar issues when importing from a NFS
source or the like?

Aaron