[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler + %pre and %post in kickstart

Mike M saetaes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:04:37 UTC 2007

On 8/2/07, Harry Hoffman <hhoffman at ip-solutions.net> wrote:
> If you find a way to do this outside of the RAID bios I would be very
> interested.
>
> There are utilities to manage the raid once the OS is installed but I
> believe it's more basic stuff (i.e. check status, list containers, show
> hot-swap).

Dell actually provides something that *should* work - Dell OpenManage
Deployment Toolkit:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&deviceid=4450&libid=36&releaseid=R158116&vercnt=4&formatcnt=0&SystemID=PWE_2950&servicetag=&os=LIN4&osl=en&catid=-1&impid=-1

I haven't tried using the RAID tools just yet, but it does seem
feasible to shim it into kickstart.  I assume other hardware vendors
have similar tools.

Mike