[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler install/kickstart question

Maute, Kevin P CTR AFRL/VAOO Kevin.Maute at WPAFB.AF.MIL
Wed Aug 29 17:46:49 UTC 2007

Michael,

When you say DVD import do you literally mean DVD?  I created a HD
filesystem which was the standard copy of all the Server CDs DLed from
RHN.  I actually DID get a DVD from the RHCT class I took last month
:-).  And, yes I did do a cobbler import as we discussed previously.

Also, I removed all the distros and profiles that cobbler created (using
cobbler {distro,profile} remove!) and recreated them.  I just noticed
the dates in /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror has old dates for the repodata &
repoview dirs.  Is this copying the repo metadata from my local repo or
creating new dirs?

Lastly, I did retain the variables in the original ks template from
/etc/cobbler.  In the "output" ks file I see the comment about the add'l
repos but the $yum_repo_stanza appears to be empty as there is no value
on the next line.  BTW, $yum_config_stanza does expand to "wget ..." so
it is expanding "some" vars.  I assume $kickstart_done is a sentinel
variable as it also does not generate any strings.

I tried again (@clustering) and still get grief.

Stepping back, what I would like is not only the clustering and later vt
support but also EPEL as well.  Interestingly, everytime I do a distro
and profile I DO get the correspondnig xen one as well.

Currently, my local repo is:

/home/repos

-- EPEL5

--RHEL5 (all Server discs which include Clustering* and VT
directories/RPMs)

What is the recommended way to (recreate) my repo(s) and get
cobbler/kickstart to play well with others?

Thanks,
Kevin