[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler install/kickstart question

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 18:57:08 UTC 2007

Michael DeHaan wrote:
> Maute, Kevin P CTR AFRL/VAOO wrote:
[snip] (RHEL5-repo-question) [/snip]

Ok, so I found the problem, and here's the fix (which will be in 0.6.1):

http://git.fedoraproject.org/?p=hosted/cobbler;a=commitdiff;h=ada8263d700431bc6c731cf7faf374f24dd0e683

If you re-run the import with the changes above, you should see the
following repos auto-attached.

repo --name=ClusterStorage --baseurl=http://mdehaan.rdu.redhat.com/cobbler/ks_mirror/r5/os/ClusterStorage
repo --name=VT --baseurl=http://mdehaan.rdu.redhat.com/cobbler/ks_mirror/r5/os/VT
repo --name=Cluster --baseurl=http://mdehaan.rdu.redhat.com/cobbler/ks_mirror/r5/os/Cluster
repo --name=Server --baseurl=http://mdehaan.rdu.redhat.com/cobbler/ks_mirror/r5/os/Server

This works for me and I'll do some more testing with other distros to
see if they continue to work as advertised.

If you turn on the additional "mirror" setting in the settings file,
you'll also see the associated wgets to set them up on the provisioned box.

EPEL still needs to be added with "cobbler repo add" (see manpage and
previous email). Keep in mind that, for now, you'll probably
want to use EPEL testing so you can install a compatible koan on target
boxes.