Community domain request

Engels Antonio engels at bluepoint.com.ph
Tue Mar 3 10:04:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

My name is Engels Antonio. Aside from being a Fedora Ambassador, I am also
responsible for managing the hosts of the Fedora community in the
Philippines.

Our online community resources are currently being hosted gratis by
Bluepoint Foundation at http://fedora.bluepoint.com.ph/

It has since been renamed to http://fp.bluepoint.com.ph/ to avoid problems
related to the unauthorized use of the word fedora.

We established this community in order to bring together Filipinos
interested in Fedora.

Being an archipelago, the Philippines has many languages and dialects.
Even if majority understand English, this diversity prevents most
Filipinos from participating in the main Fedora Project site.

We hope to use our community as a training ground for future Fedora
Project members, and as a facility to coordinate local Fedora events.

Our initial plan was to register fedora.ph in order to give our community
a domain separate from Bluepoint's. We were pleased to know that a
pre-purchased domain option is now available.

In behalf of the Philippine Fedora community, I would like to request for
a local community domain i.e. ph.fedoracommunity.org or whatever the board
deems fit.

Thank you for your time. We look forward to your favorable reply.

Regards,

Engels

--
Engels Antonio